Background ChecksUpdated Tuesday January 14, 2014 by James Mosher Baseball League.
Background Checks for all managers, coaches, umpires, parent coaches and volunteers
Background checks are required for all volunteers with The James Mosher Associates. Please see the information below for the current policies and procedures.
Online background check application (Fee-$14): https://opportunities.averity.com/jamesmosher
Procedure for completing background checks
The procedures listed below should be followed by every volunteer associated with James Mosher Associates, Inc. also known as the James Mosher Baseball League. The results of your background check will be handled by a law enforcement official assisting the organization. The league will disqualify any volunteers whose background check shows the felonies listed below. Other offenses may be added in the future.
1. Child abuse/neglect
2. Child pornography
4. Hiring, soliciting, engaging, or using a minor for the purpose of manufacturing, distributing or dispensing a controlled dangerous substance
5. Sex offenses
6. Sexual abuse of a minor
To have your background check completed, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the following link https://opportunities.averity.com/jamesmosher to access the Protect Youth Sports application page.
2. Complete the online application on the Protect Youth Sports page. You will have 30 minutes to complete all information. You will need to provide an email address to receive an electronic receipt.
3. Click “Next” then read the Authorization Text. After reviewing the text, click the “I Agree” box and enter your full name in the indicated text box. This is your e-signature for confirmation.
4. Click “submit” to go to the payment page. Complete the requested information then click “Pay” to complete the transaction. The fee is $14.00 and the site only accepts Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
5. A confirmation page will then appear.
6. Within 48 hours, your background report will be provided to the James Mosher Associates designated verifier.